1.24.2010

*~ W1N73R BR34K~*

On the last day of my Friday class in December, I went to catch a plane home [back to SF] a half an hour it ended.  I had 5.5 hours to pack for the Philippines.  I stayed in Manila with family for  about 10 days, and then was back in the airport for China.  We went to visit Xia Men, the city where my Grandfather [on my mother's side] was born before moving to the Philippines.  There were 12 of us:  My mother's side of the family and their families.  We were there for 5 days, and then came back to the Philippines for another 5 days.  After the 13 hour flight back to SF, I had another 5 days to recoup before we dropped off my sister to the airport to go back to CMU, and then it was road-tripping down to Valencia for 6 hours.  Talk about a vacation...!

Tons of pix and more:

Anvaya Cove [a far-away get-away country club]:





The Havaiana Store [@ one of the many malls we went to...oh yes, Greenbelt]:


Trying to be Green?










The most orderly Traffic in the city I've seen so far!  [@ least people are staying somewhat in their lane.]






Indoor market--no bugs!












Our Xmas Tree [was up when we arrived]:


Parols @ UP [Universitas Pontificia -- St. Tomas -- Grandparents wedded at the Church]:
[traditional Xmas lanterns in the Philippines that are usually made of bamboo or capiz shells in the shapes of stars]












Downtown Manila's Chinatown [1st time for all of us, minus the Grandparents]:




Still Downtown:


















Mall of Asia:  Xmas Day...


New sensor system to tell you how many spots are available.




It's definitely not a Small World [no pun intended]...






At the Filipino culture store:  Kultura








Look--I have my own liner!


Xmas Dinner and a Great-Uncle's Bday at one of my Godmother's [a family of movie producers]:












*--------------*-------------*-------------*


XIAMEN


Nanputuo Temple [3-in-1]:












Dr. Tea [House taste testing]:


Shopping District [we were more interested in the buildings and lights]:




10-Thousand Rock Botanical Garden:












[M0R3 1N 7H3 N3X7 P057!!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment