9.10.2014

Daily Sketch #17: Growing Old is...

...not for the weak.  My father just came back from Brazil from my grandfather's passing.  Unfortunately, I was not able to visit and attend the two stressful weeks before the funeral.  For 18 years, my grandfather had lived with cancer.  I did this sketch of an old man, still fighting to lift weights and continuing his boxing training even in his older state while my grandfather was still alive, living off of an IV bag in the hospital.

We take advantage of how slow older people are, but in reality, they are the most experienced out of all of us.  They've lived an entire lifetime that we'll never truly know about except from their stories pulled from their fading [but glorified] memories.  I appreciate older folk, even if they have become bitter and cynical, because at one point, they too, were once happy and very much in love with their careers, spouses, children, and life itself.

Stay strong.  Eat Healthy.  Live long.



No comments:

Post a Comment