11.30.2011

Time's Up

I had two ideas for this painting when I first started:  The first was sunset where our heroine looks at us, away from the sun, hopeless because the bombs around her neck and waist seemed too close to detonation;  the second idea was sunrise where the heroine faces us with her posture flipped facing the sun in triumph because the bombs around her are nullified.  I wanted the dramatic version, so I went with the first.

This is my first digital / matte painting in a while...  I'm so out of practice...it's not even funny.  The girl is worse than the background, so I may be painting [and drawing] more people.  Look out for more of this character!


I tried to document my process as much as I could, but I guess I go too into what I was doing that it skips steps as I go on.  Sorry!  Better luck next time~  [*Also, is it sad I like the black and white the best?]





No comments:

Post a Comment