10.18.2009

M00D B04RDS: K4LL1571

These are some mood boards to help start the visuals of the world.  The main colors are Red and Gold / Earth tones.

R3D:  blood, desire, passion, seduction, lust, danger:  "Red sky in the morning, sailor's warning; Red sky at night, sailor's delight."  My mentor told me of this saying that was used for travelers and sailors back in the day talking about the weather seen in the sky by colors.  Red mornings would mean a storm was on its way, but if it was red at sunset, it had already passed.  ...My film will start with a bloody sunrise...

G0LD:  materialism, wealth, greed, laziness, luxury:

"I will find out where she has gone
And kiss her lips and take her hands;
And walk among the dappled grass,
And pluck till time and times are done
The silver apples of the moon,
The golden apples of the sun."


"The Song of the Wandering Aengus"
-William Butler Yeats-


This passage inspired me when I was first researching about the Golden Apple.  It talks about the desire of taking until there is nothing left, represented by a figurative female.


34R7HY:  man, nature, earth, war, dirt, grime, filth:  The browner amber tones that I'll be mixing in with the red and gold are representing all that is natural.  In this case, the army is natural--men who are born on Earth, on soil, who fight in the dirt, and then become smeared with blood, sweat, grime, filth...  

~~<[  ]>~~

[***D15CL41M3R***  I own none of the following images, nor will I use them without making it my own by painting from it as a reference [ei. the skies].  Images are taken straight from Google Images.  Thanks--!]

The famous concept of the Tower of Babel:  A towering city or temple that made all else seem irrelevant:




A land of red skies, seas, and energy:  The source is Lava, the core of the Earth:




The towering building on the ledge of a mountain in which the Goddess will reside is solid gold:




Movie poster of Red Cliff [left] and screenshots of 300 [top right], and Lord of the Rings [lower right] signifying the army of 20 men that will come to invade the Goddess' lands:



The Goddess:  Her face will be based off of Shirley Manson [singer of the band Garbage!  I've always loved the 007 "The World Is Not Enough" music video...finally time to do something about it!]  


The advertisement of the gold Italian shoe is THE image that sparked my inspiration for this whole story [lower right] thanks to my L1F3 P4R7N3R!



The Goddess [part 2]:  Lovely artwork by Curt Allen [big left], and blackeri [both right images].  I don't know who did the candle goddess [top left horizontal]!  They didn't put their name on it, so whoever you are, sorry I can't credit you right now!  [I DON'T OWN THESE!]



And finally, the Golden Apple itself:  pretty concept, isn't it?  [I don't own this either...  :[  ]





[***N0T3:  These are only for inspiration.  It will not be used for the final film!  I'm painting the elements of the film! THOSE will be mine!  THANKS!***]

No comments:

Post a Comment